REAL, CONFIDENTIAL, FREE, NON-JUDGMENTAL HELP TO AVOID ABORTION, FROM MANY PLACES:
|3,400 confidential and totally free groups to call and go to in the U.S...1,400 outside the U.S.|| . . . 98 of these in Canada.|
|Free, financial help given to women and families in need.||More help given to women, families.|
|Helping with mortgage payments and more.||More help.|
|The $1,950 need has been met!||CPCs help women with groceries, clothing, cribs, "safe haven" places.|
|Help for those whose babies have||Down Syndrome and Other Birth Defects.
| ||CALL 1-888-510-BABY or click on the picture on the left, if you gave birth or are about to and can't care for your baby, to give your baby to a worker at a nearby hospital (some states also include police stations or fire stations), NO QUESTIONS ASKED. YOU WON'T GET IN ANY TROUBLE or even have to tell your name; Safehaven people will help the baby be adopted and cared for.|
Traducir todo esto en español, o cualquier otro idioma, copiar las palabras, y luego ir aquí y pegarlo en el cuadro en el lado izquierdo de la página, a continuación, haga clic en el idioma que desee en el lado derecho de la página y haga clic en el derecha botón azul para traducir.
0 comment(s): (ANONYMOUS ok
When Life Begins - by Real Geneticists, Med.School Textbooks, Molecular Biologists, SCIENTISTS
[Orignally posted in 2008 as a response to CINO (Catholics in Name Only) Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi for misleading real Catholics into thinking abortion and abortifacient medications like contraception are acceptable to Catholics]:
- From the Hearings on S. 158 Before the Subcommittee on Separation of Powers of the Senate Judiciary Committee, 97th Cong., 1st Sess. (1981):
Dr. Landrum Shettles, known as the ‘father of in vitro fertilization:’ “Conception confers life and makes that life one of a kind.”
- Dr. Jerome Lejeune (discovered Down Syndrome’s genetic cause): “To accept the fact that after fertilization has taken place a new human has come into being is no longer a matter of taste or opinion…it is plain experimental evidence.”
- Dr. Hymie Gordon, Chairman of the Department of Genetics at the Mayo Clinic: “By all the criteria of modern molecular biology, life is present from the moment of conception.”
- Dr. Alfred M. Bongioanni, Professor of pediatrics/obstetrics at Ivy-League University of Pennsylvania: “I have learned from my earliest medical education that human life begins at the time of conception… human life is present throughout this entire sequence from conception to adulthood and that any interruption at any point throughout this time constitutes a termination of human life. I am no more prepared to say that these early stages [of development in the womb] represent an incomplete human being than I would be to say that the child prior to the dramatic effects of puberty… is not a human being. This is human life at every stage.”
- Dr. Watson A. Bowes, University of Colorado Medical School: “The beginning of a single human life is from a biological point of view a simple and straightforward matter-- the beginning is conception.”
- Dr. Micheline Mathews-Roth of Harvard Medical School also testified, citing over 20 embryology/medical textbooks that human life begins at conception, including:
- Ronan O'Rahilly, International Board Member, Nomina Embryologica (the international body determining correct human embryology terminologies in textbooks), and an original founder of The Carnegie Stages of Early Human Embryological Development, in his med school textbook, Human Embryology & Teratology (New York: Wiley-Liss, 2001, O'Rahilly and Muller): “Just as postnatal age begins at birth, prenatal age begins at fertilization.” (p. 88)
- O'Rahilly and Fabiola Muller, Human Embryology & Teratology (New York: Wiley-Liss, 1994): “Fertilization is an important landmark because a new, genetically distinct human organism is thereby formed. (p. 5); The zygote ... is a unicellular embryo.” (p. 19).
- William Larsen, Human Embryology (New York: Churchill Livingstone, 1997): “the male and female sex cells, which will unite at fertilization to initiate the embryonic development of a new individual. ... Embryonic development is considered to begin at this point.” (p. 1).
- Keith L. Moore, The Developing Human: Clinically Oriented Embryology (2nd Ed., 1977): “The cell (a single-celled zygote) results from fertilization of an oocyte by a sperm and is the beginning of human life.”
These are just a few.
In Roe v. Wade
, the justices refused to answer the question, “When does human life begin?” which led to the confusion Pelosi, Biden and many others still share. The Supreme Court treated it as solely a philosophical question back then. Since then, as the scientific evidence and testimony shows, human life has been shown scientifically to begin at conception. This is a scientific fact now known for many years by world-renowned embryologists and other human biologists, as well as taught from medical school textbooks and testified to under sworn oath to Congress.Science
, since 1973, conclusively tells us that human life begins at conception (also known as fertilization), not at birth.
It is not
a matter of "faith" nor a "belief," "religious," "philosophical," "personal" or otherwise.
Further confusion results when some in the medical profession choose to rewrite textbooks to contradict those expert scientists’ findings, and even to rewrite the ancient doctors' oath, the Hippocratic Oath, to allow abortion. Don't take my word for it. Research it yourselves. Google the phrases "I will not give to a woman an abortive remedy" and then this phrase, ""it may also be within my power to take a life" and tell me it doesn't open Pandora's box further to allow euthanasia against someone's will when the doctor thinks it's best. Because it most certainly does and that is not an opinion but fact. (We have Tufts University's Dean of the School of Medicine to thank for that latter "modern" version, written apparently in 1964)
Below are the online Internet links for folks to find the above embryologists' and textbooks' quotes and facts for yourselves, but feel free to do your own research. You'll find many medical professionals who flout the scientific fact that a new human life begins at every conception but there is no denying the fact that those professionals are going completely opposite of the true experts, the human embryologists noted above.
Never underestimate that some medical professionals recognize a lucrative, prosperous specialty (abortion and its related procedures) when some of them see it.
Hearings on S. 158 Before the Subcommittee on Separation of Powers of the Senate Judiciary Committee, 97th Cong., 1st Sess. (1981), answering the question, “When does human life begin?”400,000 People and Counting, by Brad Harrub, Ph.D.
Information on the hearing is here: Can Congress Settle the Abortion Issue?, by Mary C. Segers © 1982 The Hastings CenterThe Association of Pro-Life PhysiciansUniversity of North TexasCarnegie Stages of Developments
Textbooks are not online, but there are references to them by experts (and students perhaps using these very textbooks):Oxford Journals, Human Reproduction, Volume 20, Number 11 Pp. 3008-3011 Dianne N. Irving, M.A., Ph.D.THE ENDOWMENT FOR HUMAN DEVELOPMENT, INC.
(“Embryo — means “growing within” and refers to the “human offspring in the first eight weeks following fertilization”)Princeton Students Pro-Life Group
-but mind our rules
, please)                                      << HOME
NATIONAL REVIEW Online's The Corner ~ Kathryn Jean Lopez links to Ap blog, 1/22/07
Associated Press/San Francisco Chronicle: Banno On Boxer and the Illegal Abortion Deaths Urban Legend
San Diego Union Tribune: more Boxer Urban-Legend-Debunk coverage
Ellen Goodman retraction impetus: Aa blog initiates The Straight Dope coverage...and is listed in National Review Senior Editor Ramesh Ponnuru's book The Party of Death, p. 255, Chap. 3 Endnote #11,   4/2006
NY Daily News: "Atheist's Site Is All The Rave
"After Abortion,...run by Emily Peterson and Annie Banno, two women who had abortions in the 1970s, ...tries to avoid the political tug-of-war that tends to come with this turf. They concentrate instead on discussing the troubling personal effects of abortion on the mothers." ~ Eric Scheske, Godspy contributing editor, in NC Register's "Signs of Life in the Blogosphere", 2/2006
"Godbloggers could, in the best of worlds, become the new apologists...[including] laymen with day jobs: Emily Peterson and Annie Banno, for instance, at the blog After Abortion..."~ Jonathan V. Last, The Weekly Standard online editor, in First Things's "God on the Internet", 12/2005
Amy Welborn, at BeliefNet, links to AfterAbortion blog's Crime & Abortion Series
Catholic News Service: Silent counterprotest at the March For Choice
COMMENTING   Also see Harris Protocol. Correspondence is bloggable unless requested otherwise.
Who We Are
NOTICES (Freedoms of Religion/Speech/Press, Copyrights, Fair Use) at bottom
PREGNANT? UPSET? SCARED?
4,800 confidential groups helping now.
We are too. Here are folks who can help:
Feeling Really Bad?
1-800-SUICIDE (784-2433) & a friend, right now.
Suicide Hope Lines: U.S.A. (by state) or call 1-800-Suicide (784-2433)
Suicide Help - Canada
: "If you can't find a crisis centre near you, any of the 24-hour tollfree numbers in your province will be able to help."
: 08457 90 90 90 , www.samaritans.org.uk
in over 40 other countries
George & Linda Zallie, Stacy's parents
, "assisting women who made the difficult choice of ending their pregnancy in finding nonjudgmental help" for suicidal feelings.
For immediate help, call tollfree, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week: national, confidential, post-abortion-recovery hotlines:
...more help below...
"I would now like to say a special word to women who have had an abortion...[many are] aware of the many factors which may have influenced your decision, and [do] not doubt that it was a painful and even shattering decision. The wound in your heart may not yet have healed. Certainly what happened was and remains terribly wrong. But do not give in to discouragement and do not lose hope. Try rather to understand what happened and face it honestly. If you have not already done so, give yourselves over with humility and trust to repentance. The Father of mercies is ready to give you his forgiveness and his peace...You will come to understand that nothing is definitively lost and you will also be able to ask forgiveness from your child..."
Hope after Abortion
Ideas for Healing
Rachel's Vineyard Retreats(non-Christians, even non-religious do attend; they also have interdenominational retreats designed expressly for people of any religion or no religion)
"Entering Canaan" - a ministry of reverence for women and men who suffer following an abortion
Lumina - Hope & Healing After Abortion
Books that help
(includes non-religious Post Abortion recovery books)
In Our Midst
For MEN - Resources List
** UPDATED 2015 **
Message boards, chat rooms &
e-groups ** UPDATED 2015 **
Regional & local resources
** UPDATED 2015 **
Silent No More Awareness Campaign
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING?
Welcome! Our sidebar continues at great length, just below the "MORE HILLARY BACKPEDALS" section, with many links to helpful, respect-life folks of all shapes, sizes, minds & creeds, science, research, stories & just.plain.stuff. Just text-search or browse. But grab a cup of Joe first.